The Center for Global Law and Policy (CGLP) offers opportunities for students and faculty to examine, experience, and contribute to a scholarly platform for international law at Santa Clara University.
The international law curriculum at Santa Clara includes a broad offering of courses, access to the most extensive and one of the oldest law summer abroad programs of any law school in the country, and access to a number of international speakers and scholars throughout the year.
CGLP offers the largest and one of the oldest law summer abroad programs in the country.
- 9 Summer Class Programs
- 30+ Externship Locations
- Open to students from all ABA and CA accredited law schools
- A variety of subject areas: Human Rights Law, Business Law, Intellectual Property Law, Environmental Law, and Oxford Classic Tutorials offering a number of topics
- Externship locations include: large international law firms, local firms, NGOs, courts, international organizations, the UN
Information for Students
Here are more ways to get involved in International Law at Santa Clara.
- International Human Rights Clinic
- International Law Students Assoc. (ILSA)
- International Law Journal
- International Law Moot Court Competitions
Interested to see where a career in International Law can take you?
- Hear from our alumni
- Review international law career opportunities here and on our Facebook page
- International Law Certificate
- International Law Courses
- Semester Abroad Program
- International Semester Externships
- CGLP e-news
- Law School Deans and Faculty from Uzbekistan visit Santa Clara Law
- Expert workshop and panel discussion on “Victims and International Justice”
- Francisco Rivera Juaristi spoke on new global treaty on gender-based violence at the University of Minnesota
- Santa Clara Law’s international programs named to National Jurist’s list of best law study abroad programs
The Center for Global Law & Policy was created to advance international and comparative law scholarship and education among Santa Clara Law students, faculty, and community by:
- increasing awareness and knowledge of international and comparative law;
- providing opportunities for faculty and students to examine, experience, and contribute to international law on a first-hand, personal basis;
- establishing a nationally and internationally renowned platform for quality scholarly exchange of ideas in and knowledge of international law; and
- developing leaders in the international community.
Center for Global Law & Policy
Santa Clara University
500 El Camino Real
Santa Clara, CA 95053
Director, Center for Global Law & Policy; Professor of Law
Charney Hall 304