The Center for Global Law and Policy (CGLP) offers opportunities for students and faculty to examine, experience, and contribute to a scholarly platform for international law at Santa Clara University.
The international law curriculum at Santa Clara includes a broad offering of courses, access to the most extensive and one of the oldest law summer abroad programs of any law school in the country, and access to a number of international speakers and scholars throughout the year.
CGLP offers the largest and one of the oldest law summer abroad programs in the country.
As of March 30, 2022, we still have space in the following study-abroad courses (and will continue to accept additional applications until the programs are filled):
- Vienna, Austria – Law and Business in the EU (May 23 – June 10, 2022)
- Singapore – Business and the Environment (May 23 – June 11, 2022)
- Geneva, Switzerland – Public International, International IP, International Humanitarian, International Human Rights Law (June 6 – June 30, 2022)
- Oxford, UK – English Legal Institution Seminar (course only) (June 30 – July 10, 2022)
Please check the respective program webpage for additional information; please contact LaToya Powell with any questions.
Information for Students
Here are more ways to get involved in International Law at Santa Clara.
- International Human Rights Clinic
- International Law Students Assoc. (ILSA)
- International Law Journal
- International Law Moot Court Competitions
Interested to see where a career in International Law can take you?
- Hear from our alumni
- Review international law career opportunities here and on our Facebook page
- International Law Certificate
- International Law Courses
- Semester Abroad Program
- International Semester Externships
- CGLP e-news
- International Law Events
- Law School Deans and Faculty from Uzbekistan visit Santa Clara Law
- Expert workshop and panel discussion on “Victims and International Justice”
- Francisco Rivera Juaristi spoke on new global treaty on gender-based violence at the University of Minnesota
- Santa Clara Law’s international programs named to National Jurist’s list of best law study abroad programs
The Center for Global Law & Policy was created to advance international and comparative law scholarship and education among Santa Clara Law students, faculty, and community by:
- increasing awareness and knowledge of international and comparative law;
- providing opportunities for faculty and students to examine, experience, and contribute to international law on a first-hand, personal basis;
- establishing a nationally and internationally renowned platform for quality scholarly exchange of ideas in and knowledge of international law; and
- developing leaders in the international community.
Center for Global Law & Policy
Santa Clara University
500 El Camino Real
Santa Clara, CA 95053
Director, Center for Global Law & Policy;
Charney Hall 304
Program Manager, Center for Global Law & Policy
Charney Hall 313