Semester Exchange Abroad
Apply for Semester Exchange Abroad
Through its semester exchange programs, Santa Clara Law seeks to achieve the following educational objectives:
- Instill an understanding of the sources and systems of law other than our own, observing first-hand the underlying political, economic, social, cultural, and religious environment in which these laws operate.
- Broaden the students’ minds by fostering an understanding of, and respect for diverse viewpoints.
- Provide students the ability to engage with clients from different backgrounds and cultures, and in potentially different languages, and to transfer those experiences back to their practice in a diverse state such as California.
- Provide practical legal skills training in an environment that is new and challenging, and provide the opportunity to experience educational opportunities that students could not otherwise gain through their domestic education.
- Strengthen the students’ network by allowing students to develop international professional contacts.