The Santa Clara University Law Library houses the basic legal reference and research collection for the students and faculty at the School of Law. The law library underwent a $6 million expansion and renovation in 1988. The law library now occupies approximately 40,000 square feet of space and offers student conference rooms, computer labs, a wireless network, enhanced audio-visual capabilities, and increased student seating for over 400 students. The collection totals approximately 400,000 volumes in hard copy, microform, and digital formats.
Law Library’s Mission and Goals
The law library’s primary mission is threefold:
- To support Santa Clara University School of Law’s goal to excel in preparing its students to meet the challenges of a legal profession that is increasingly global, technologically sophisticated, and culturally diverse.
- To provide a collection that supports the teaching, research, and writing programs of the faculty and students of the law school.
- To provide access to the collection by assisting and instructing faculty and students in utilizing the collection.
In carrying out the second and third components of the library’s mission, the library will achieve the first part of its mission to support the law school in preparing its students to meet the challenge of the legal profession. In fulfilling this mission, the library assumes responsibility for providing basic legal materials needed for the Santa Clara University community.
The library has two primary goals:
- To maintain an up-to-date collection that will keep pace with developing areas of the law and law related professions, as well as the changing needs of the law school curriculum. It is important that the collection evolves as the law evolves.
- To strive for excellence in providing both access to information and service to the library’s patrons.
Law Library’s Organization
Technical Services – The technical services section of the library is responsible for processing library materials, including acquiring, cataloging, binding, etc.
Public Services – The Public Services section of the library is broken into 3 departments: Circulation, Reference and Interlibrary Loan. The Information Services Department is responsible for the circulation of library materials, including placing holds and recalling items. The Research Librarians will help you find your way around the library and assist with legal research strategies. They are always glad to be of assistance to you!
Suggestions, Problems or Repairs?
The law library staff encourages suggestions regarding the improvement of services, equipment and the collection. Please feel free to leave suggestions in the suggestion box at the circulation desk. Problems regarding security, lighting, equipment repairs, and general maintenance should also be reported to the library staff at the circulation desk. You can also submit suggestions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page last updated: August 1, 2013