Nationally Recognized Excellence in the Heart of Silicon Valley.
When you become a student at Santa Clara Law you join a thriving community of faculty, attorneys, judges, and professionals who are leaders in high tech and intellectual property law, international law, and many other areas of specialization.
Our Students – 2020 JD Class Profile
Santa Clara Law is one of the most diverse law schools in the nation, and Silicon Valley is one of the most culturally diverse regions in the country. Our students come from 23 states and several foreign countries with a variety of academic backgrounds.
This makes for a vibrant community in which to live, learn, and work.
Our Law Programs
At Santa Clara Law, you will get the training and knowledge you need no matter what area of law you decide to pursue. Our centers, clinics, online programs and externships offer students varied opportunities to develop professional lawyering skills, collaborate with faculty who share their interests, and help those in need. Our part-time option for our JD program attracts some of the best and brightest professionals from our outstanding location in Silicon Valley, and beyond.
Choose to attend full-time or part-time. Full-time students typically complete the program in three years. Part-time students usually complete the program in four years, and take most, if not all of their courses in the evening. Our course offerings provide our students with scheduling options and flexibility.
Designed for the business professional who needs some knowledge of regulatory law without the necessity of becoming a lawyer, the Online Master of Legal Studies (MLS) in Corporate Compliance blends theory with practice inside an immersive digital classroom. Learn more about the MLS in Corporate Compliance program. Read more.
Application Workshop – January 6, 2021
When should I take the LSAT? When should I apply? What are your median scores? What if my GPA is below your median? How am I going to pay for law school? Members of the Law Admissions & Financial Aid Office will answer these and other questions during this workshop.
Tuition and Financial Aid
We understand pursuing a law education is a serious commitment of time and resources. A Santa Clara University School of Law education is an investment in your future. Our hundred and eight year tradition, combined with being in the heart of Silicon Valley, provides you an advantage in the classroom as you prepare for your legal career.
We are committed to helping you afford a legal education. Approximately eighty percent of our entering class received a merit scholarship. Our staff will help you explore all of your options including scholarships and student loans.
Why Santa Clara Law?
Your decision to attend law school matters. When you earn your law degree at Santa Clara Law, you will be immersed in one of the most vibrant business centers in the world: Silicon Valley and the San Francisco Bay Area. Here are a few reasons why Santa Clara Law is a smart choice.
- Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, home to some of the world’s leading companies like Apple, Google, Facebook, eBay, Oracle, Yahoo!, Cisco, Intel, and HP
- Top-ranked Intellectual Property Law Program
- International Law Program with extensive study abroad and externship opportunities
- Internships at many leading national and international companies and firms
- Extensive programming and counseling provided by the Office of Academic and Bar Success to help students succeed in their coursework and the bar exam.
- Clinics including the Northern California Innocence Project, the Entrepreneurs’ Law Clinic, the International Human Rights Clinic, and the Katharine and George Alexander Community Law Center
- Beautiful campus in a beautiful region
- Over 100 years of history at California’s oldest higher-education institution
Your Application Process
Here’s how our easy application process works.
- Plan to take the LSAT no later than January of the year you plan to enroll. We will accept scores from later administrations of the LSAT, but we will not receive those scores before our priority deadline, which could impact your chances for admission and scholarship.
- Register with LSAC’s JD Credential Assembly Service (JD-CAS) and have your transcripts sent directly to LSAC.
- Fill out our online application through LSAC. (Note: the $75 application fee is waived this year.)
- Prepare and upload your personal statement.
- Submit letters of recommendation and upload resume. (Optional but strongly recommended).
Join our community of lawyers who lead and prepare for your law career at Santa Clara Law. The $75 application fee is waived this year.
Qualifications for Admission to the Bar
In addition to a bar examination, there are character, fitness, and other qualifications for admission to the bar in every U.S. jurisdiction. Applicants are encouraged to determine the requirements for any jurisdiction in which they intend to seek admission by contacting the jurisdiction. Addresses for all relevant agencies are available through the National Conference of Bar Examiners.
Still Have Questions?
Please don’t hesitate to contact the Law Admissions Office. Our goal is to simplify the application process for you. We are happy to meet with you in person or to answer any questions you may have over the phone or via e-mail. Contact us at 408.554.5048 or fill out the form below.