All students enrolled at Santa Clara University School of Law are members of the Student Bar Association (SBA). Nationally, the Student Bar Association is a part of the 50,000 member American Bar Association-Law Student Division (ABA-LSD).
Santa Clara University School of Law
Student Bar Association Executive Board 2018-2019
On our campus, the SBA Executive Board represents the interests of law students in their relationship with faculty administration, alumni and the surrounding community. The SBA also oversees the function of the approximately 41 student organizations that are present on our campus. Managing these organizations enriches the career, professional, community, and social offerings for the Santa Clara Law community. The Executive Board also provides opportunities for social interaction, community service, and pre-professional activities. Day-to-day responsibilities of the SBA include facilitating student events, communications, including publication of The Grapevine, and management of the Student Life website.
External Vice President: Seralyn Fields, firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Communications: Sean Phillips, email@example.com
ABA Reps serve as the link between the ABA and law students in their school. The primary purpose of the ABA Representative is to advocate on behalf of ABA Law Student Division members at their school, serve as the school’s point person on the ABA, to promote the ABA, and communicate the benefits of the ABA
Class Representatives work closely with the SBA to promote the interests of their class or division and are encouraged to serve on various SBA committees. Additionally, Class Representatives sit on the Board of Governors to enact SBA legislation and approve law student organization budgets. Up to four representatives are elected from each class/division (1L, 2L, 3L, PT, LLM), and elections are held within the first four weeks of school.
- 3L Reps: Dylan Wade, Evan Miller and Daniel Tayakin firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3L Alternate: Jonathan Stephenson, email@example.com
- 2L Reps: Alec Sparagna, Abraham Barrera and Pedro Naveiras, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2L Alternates: Katharine McCallum and Jacqueline Ackerman, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1L Reps: Jenna Anderson, Andrew San Jose, Thi Tran and Julianna Cassara, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1L Alternates: Michael Forbes and Amir Yamini, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Part-Time Reps: Justine Oh and Alison Williams, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Part-Time Alternate: Ruby Ramirez, email@example.com
Business Cards for Students
The SBA Executive Board has formed a business card printing arrangement for Santa Clara Law students; business cards can be ordered here.