Students from over 100 countries apply to Santa Clara Law every year. To help you in the application process, please read the below instructions and contact our admissions office if you need further assistance.

Your application process is the same as the general application instructions. But, as an international applicant you are required to submit foreign transcripts through the LSAC JD Credential Assembly Service (CAS). This service is included in the LSAC subscription fee. You must also use this service for the evaluation of any foreign transcripts if you completed any postsecondary work outside the US (including its territories) or Canada. The one exception to this requirement is the completion of foreign work through a study abroad, consortium, or exchange program sponsored by a US or Canadian institution, and work is clearly indicated as such on the home campus transcript. A Foreign Credential Evaluation will be completed by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO), which will be incorporated into your JD CAS report. Be sure to allow enough time for this process since foreign transcripts often take longer to receive.

You are also required (as are all applicants) to take the Law School Admission Test (LSAT). Arrangements for taking the test outside the United States should be made by contacting Law School Admission Services. Students for whom English is a second language may also be asked to take the TOEFL.

Accepted students who are neither US citizens nor permanent residents are responsible for obtaining a student visa in accordance with the rules and regulations of the US Immigration and Naturalization Service. Once accepted, you should contact the Admissions Office for information and the required documentation furnished by Santa Clara Law. SCU’s International Students Office will be able to provide more information and help you with this process.

Financial Aid Information for International Students

International students compete with the general applicant pool for scholarships. Non-immigrant visa holders are not eligible for federal student aid (i.e., federal loans, federal work-study). However, permanent residents and naturalized citizens are eligible and may apply for federal based aid. For more information, please see

Web Resources for International Financial Aid Information:

Additional Resources