Leadership Education Roundtable V:
Teaching Leadership Competencies in Law School and in the Profession: Why It Matters
Santa Clara University
March 22, 2013
What does it mean to be a ‘lawyer who leads’? Here at Santa Clara Law, we recognize the key roles that lawyers play in the profession, the community, and in government and public service, and we expect our students to make a personal and professional commitment to leadership.
To that end, we are striving to be a national leader in empowering future lawyers with the skills and experience they need for leadership. In 2005, we developed a new course, Leadership for Lawyers, which was the first of its kind in the nation, and it is just one of the many of leadership educational opportunities we offer to our students.
We invite you to explore our resources and thoughts on leadership, as well as our many profiles of alumni and faculty leaders. And we welcome your feedback and ideas on this important topic.
Professor of Law, Santa Clara Law
- 2012 Santa Clara Law Leadership Roundtable (March 30, 2012)
- 2011 Santa Clara Law Leadership Roundtable (March 24-25, 2011)
- 2010 Santa Clara Law Leadership Roundtable (April 15-16, 2010)
- 2009 Santa Clara Leadership Roundtable (May 1, 2009)
- Leadership Resources from Leadership Roundtable
- Leadership for Lawyers Course
- Article on Leadership for Lawyers course, Santa Clara Law Magazine
- Stephanie West Allen blog on leadership
Santa Clara Law Leadership Team