Spring 2018 Placement Timeline
- Specific information about available pro bono placements is available here.
- An on-line application form will go live at 8:00 AM on Friday, January 12 and will remain open until 5:00 PM on Sunday, Jan. 14. All placements are made on a first-come, first-serve basis. Students are encouraged to apply as early as possible to increase the chance of getting their first choice placement.
- All students who are assigned to a placement will receive an e-mail notification to that effect no later than Monday, January 22. Students must reply within 24 hours to confirm their intention to accept the placement.
- All students who accept a placement must attend a mandatory meeting on Wednesday, January 24, at noon. (Room to be determined.)
- Placements will begin in late January and continue until the end of the semester.
What is the Pro Bono Placement Project?
“Pro Bono Placements” is a project sponsored by the Center for Social Justice and Public Service and the Office of Career Management (OCM) to assist students with identifying and securing legal related pro bono volunteer positions at non-profit or public service organizations during the academic year. The Project allows students to serve community legal needs while building invaluable skills.
How many hours are required to volunteer at a Pro Bono Placement?
The volunteer placements are typically for one semester; however, the organization and student may agree to extend the time. Placements are 3-10 hours per week, as determined by the student and the organization. Some placements are only available for 2L’s and above. Students are required to sign a pledge reflecting the agreed upon volunteer commitment. Volunteer hours count towards the Pro Bono Recognition Program.
How can I find out about Placement Project organizations?
Information about available placements for spring 2018 is posted here. Before you apply for a specific position, please review the job description for that position to make sure that you meet the placement criteria.
When do the volunteer opportunities begin?
Volunteer hours begin in late January and end in late April.
What if a student is not assigned to a placement?
The Placement Program cannot guarantee a placement for every student; however, OCM is available for one-on-one career counseling to assist with individual volunteer searches.
Sign up for the Pro Bono Placement Project: An on-line application form will be available here beginning at 8:00 AM on Friday, January 12.