The Law Technology department provides a list of services to the Law School community.
At the Law Technology Help Desk, you can get help with your laptop and other computing needs:
- Smart Print printer driver setup, configuration, and tutorial.
- WiFi troubleshooting. (For all SCU network account issues, please contact Academic Technology’s IT Service Desk)
- University approved anti-virus software setup, configuration, and/or troubleshooting.
- Exam taking software (Examsoft) registration, setup, tutorial and/or basic troubleshooting
- Computer laptop recommendations
** Please note that Law Help Desk is not an authorized service/warranty repair center, but we’ll help you diagnose your issue as best as we can**
*For computers that are still under warranty, we will help troubleshoot the possible cause and then recommend that you work with your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and/or vendor for further support so your warranty is not voided.
*For non-warranty computers, a sit-down consultation with a Law Technology staff will be required to discuss repair options or recommendations.
For faculty and staff, we offer these additional services, such as:
- Video and audio recording of classes (only if approved by a Professor)
- Online availability of recordings
- In-class support for media playback
How to get support at the Law School…
- Online: Create a ticket online at Law School Help Desk (Recommended)
- Phone or E-Mail: Call us during business hours at 408-554-5762 or E-Mail @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Walk-in Support during normal business hours: The Law School Help Desk is located in Charney Hall 111
Law School Helpdesk Support Hours (Charney Hall 111):
- Monday – Thursday, 9 am to 7 pm.
- Fridays, 9 am to 5:00 pm.
- Closed on Saturday, Sunday & Holidays
- Summer: M-W (10am-6pm); TH-F (10am-5pm)