Semester Exchange Abroad – Vienna, Austria
Fall Semester Dates: Early October – End of January
Spring Semester:Early March – End of June
No exchange available in Summer
- One of the first law schools established in Europe.
- Research and teaching activities comprise all traditional fields of legal studies, as well as 38 special concentrations.
- Internationally renowned for its innovative power in pioneering legal frontiers and educating lawyers.
- Vienna is a vibrant internationally oriented city with its many international organizations, its international business community, its nearby technology clusters, and its dominant cultural emphasis.
- Language of Instruction: most courses are offered in German, some in English.
- Recommended Course Load: to be decided by Santa Clara Law.
- Academic Focus: European Union law, technology law.
- Austrian student visa required.
- The University of Vienna does not provide housing assistance. All students of the University of Vienna arrange their own accommodations.
- Students pay tuition to Santa Clara University.
- The University of Vienna does not have any statistical data on this issue.
- Fall Exchange
February 1: Notice of Intent Form due to CGLP for Fall Exchange of that year.
- Spring Exchange
July 1: Notice of Intent Form due to CGLP for Spring Exchange of the following year.
Please contact the Center for Global Law & Policy for more information.