Semester Exchange Abroad – Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China

Jiao Tong University

Fall Semester Dates: Early September – End December

Spring Semester Dates: Mid February – Mid June

No exchange available in Summer

Overview | Academics | Visa Info | Housing | Program Costs | Applications & Deadlines


  • Shanghai sits at the mouth of the Yangtze River, the longest river in China. It is the largest Chinese city and “a city of skyscrapers.”

  • The goal of International Programs at KoGuan Law School is for KoGuan law students to bring home international knowledge through overseas study experiences and for international students and legal professionals to gain fundamental knowledge in Chinese law.

  • By connecting students and scholars from around the world, the international programs help create a law school experience that enriches the lives of our law students, makes them more international-minded citizens, and gives them the skills they need to compete in the global legal environment.



  • Language of Instruction: English and Chinese.

  • Course Load: Offer 12-16 credits each semester, including some language and culture courses.

  • Academic Focus: Professors focus on different fields, including International Law, Chinese Law,  and Company Law. Detailed information regarding courses can be found here.


Visa Information

  • Those  who study in China more than 6 months need to apply for “X” visa, and those who  will study in China less than 6 months (including 6 months), shall apply for  “F” visa. Those who enter China  with “X” visa must apply for the residence permit within 30 days upon their  arrival.
  • Upon acceptance, you will be given more information on how to apply for a visa.



  • Due to the shortage of student residence halls, room reservation should be made during the application. If dormitories are full, we will not accept any room reservation.
  • If students live off-campus, they must sign a contract with the landlord and register in the Project Management Office in Xuhui Campus or in the Students Affairs Office in Minhang Campus (address on Page.7), then get a “Registration Form of Temporary Residence” form at the local police station within 24 hours (72 hours in rural areas) of entry.


Program Costs

  • Students pay tuition to Santa Clara University.


Applications & Deadlines