Semester Exchange Abroad – University of Helsinki
Fall Semester Dates: Late August – Early December
Spring Semester Dates: Early January – Late May
Orientation course for new students is arranged late August/early September and early January. Please see this web page for more information.
No exchange available in Summer
- The leading Finnish provider of education in law. The instruction offered by the faculty is based on topical research of the highest standards.
- The faculty hosts an ever growing number of international students: international exchange students, master´s students and doctoral students. Approximately 120 exchange students study at the faculty yearly.
- The faculty consists of 25 disciplines: fiscal law, public international law, administrative law, constitutional law, legal theory, legal history, law and economics, sociology of law, legal informatics, private international law, comparative law, European law, criminal law, procedural law, medical and bio law, feminist jurisprudence, property law, commercial law, family and inheritance law, law of obligations, labour law, as well as land, water and environmental law..
- Language of Instruction: English, Finnish, Swedish. The faculty offers around 60 courses in English every academic year.
- Recommended Course Load: 30 ECTS per semester (equivalent to 15 ABA credits)
- Academic Focus: Majority of the courses taught in English are taught within the master´s program: Public International Law and International Business Law. Most of the courses are open to exchange students as well. Several courses on European law are also offered. Please see more information about research here.
- After having completed the online student exchange application form, students are directed to fill out the application for HOAS (foundation for Student Housing in the Helsinki Region).
- HOAS applies “first come first served” principle – it is important to apply as early as possible!
- Students pay tuition to Santa Clara University.
- Please refer to this website.
- Fall Exchange
February 1: Notice of Intent Form due to CGLP for Fall Exchange of that year.
- Spring Exchange
July 1: Notice of Intent Form due to CGLP for Spring Exchange of the following year.
Please contact the Center for Global Law & Policy for more information.