Semester Exchange Abroad – Augsburg, Germany
Summer Dates: Mid June – End of July
No exchange available in Fall or Spring
- Every year during June and July, the University of Augsburg offers the Augsburg Summer Program on European and International Economic Law – one of the oldest and most successful summer schools in Germany.
- Striving for academic excellence, the six-week intensive program is taught entirely in English and provides an insight into the most significant areas of International Economic Law in order to meet the increasing requirements of companies and law firms. The University of Augsburg is honored to welcome distinguished guest professors from all over the world who are specialized in different areas of law in order to guarantee the best possible level of education. As well-known experts in their legal fields, they share their thorough knowledge with students during their courses.
- The program focuses on issues such as Company Law, Contract Law, Data Protection Law, Intellectual Property Law, CISG and Banking Law as well as on Private International Law, Transnational Litigation and International Arbitration. Additionally, an introductory course on German Law is offered for interested students from abroad..
- View Augsburg’s detailed list of courses offered in past years.
- In addition to the courses, the program also includes several discussion rounds bringing students together with lawyers and advisers from renowned law firms, auditing firms and international companies. This provides students with the opportunity to network with potential employers.
- The Augsburg Summer Program also offers selected students the chance to join a seminar that focuses on Capital Market Law and Legal Methodology, giving them the opportunity to prepare a research paper and to present their results to the professors and other fellow students. The seminar will be held during a weekend trip to the isle of Frauenchiemsee, where students will not only be able to get feedback on their work but also enjoy the great atmosphere of the Bavarian Alps.”
- Language of Instruction: English
- Recommended Course Load: 4 credits
- Academic Focus: Transnational Economic Law
- No visa needed for stays shorter than 3 months.
- Housing assistance will be provided by exchange students. Most of the international students will live in dorms close to the city center.
- Living costs should be slightly lower than in the U.S. Average costs for housing will be $1000 for six weeks.
- Costs for books are very low: most of the materials needed will be provided by the University of Augsburg.