Santa Clara University
June 28, 29 & 30, 2018
Intensive training for experienced lawyers to better serve the in-house legal needs of high tech companies in today’s fast-paced global environment.
The In-House Counsel Institute offers three full days of in-depth training with opportunities for interactive hands-on practice. The In-House Counsel Institute, directed by the High Tech Law Institute Managing Director, Tom Lavelle, features a faculty of legal thought leaders from several prominent tech companies and law firms to teach the course.
The course is aimed at attorneys transitioning from law firms or public agencies to in-house positions, and to those attorneys wishing to enhance the quality of their service to in-house counsel.
The In-House Counsel Institute at Santa Clara Law is geared to be especially helpful to:
1. Experienced firm lawyers transitioning to in-house
2. Government and institutional lawyers transitioning to in-house
3. Firm lawyers seeking to better understand and serve their in-house clients
4. In-house lawyers seeking to enhance their skills
“The program was really well put together. Speakers were excellent, and the interactive sessions were really relevant to the issues I frequently face in-house.”
- The Mindset of an In-House Lawyer: How is it Different?
- IP and Corporate Strategy
- Supporting the Board and the Corporate Functions
- Supporting the Operations of the Company
- Privacy and Data Security
- Managing Litigation
Confirmed Speakers include:
Doug Crisman, Partner, Morgan Lewis
Dorian Daley ’86, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Oracle
Michael Dillon ’84, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, Adobe Systems
Katie Martin, Managing Director, Wilson Sonsini
Ed Medlin ’82, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, Maxim Integrated
Ralph Pais ’75, Partner, Fenwick & West
Up to 12 hours of MCLE credit will be available.
Registration fee (includes tuition, course materials and meals)
ACC Member: $650
Sponsored by the High Tech Law Institute at Santa Clara Law and
the Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC).