Professor Laura Jacobus is a seasoned attorney and businesswoman who leverages a unique blend of legal acuity and strong business acumen. With both legal and strategic business operations leadership roles at global high-tech companies, including Cisco Systems and Juniper Networks, Professor Jacobus approaches compliance and ethics with a broad view and an emphasis on cross-functional ownership, metrics and implementation.
Some highlights of her almost 30 years of combined legal and business experience include the following:
- Provided business support and strategic direction on a wide array of business matters and initiatives. Worked with business leaders to develop strategic solutions to further corporate goals and objectives.
- Designed and led an ethics and compliance program resulting in company being repeat honoree of World’s Most Ethical Companies designation by Ethisphere Institute.
- Designed and led a Legal Operations team responsible for contracts administration, ERP and other cross-functional projects.
- Led a large global team of attorneys, business people, contract administrators, and external counsel in drafting and negotiating large, complex, client-facing commercial and government contracts.
- Developed multiple playbooks for commercial and government negotiations; trained executives and negotiation teams.
- Developed an integrated internal education strategy designed to inform large, diverse, and geographically dispersed employee populations.
- Created federal compliance policies and processes designed to ensure compliance with laws and regulations pertaining to entering into government contracts.
- Developed a consolidated marketing communications strategy for global sales force.
- Developed/taught courses in a variety of business and legal topics at the college, graduate and professional level, in both live and online environments.
- Partnered with senior executives on development and implementation of a communication strategy and execution plan to drive audience understanding of the company’s vision, business strategy, priorities, and desired business outcomes.
- Worked with Multilateral Development Banks on strategy to incorporate technology into infrastructure rollout programs in developing nations.
Currently, Professor Jacobus consults to high-tech corporate clients and teaches law, graduate, and undergraduate business courses at multiple higher education institutions, while mentoring current and former students.
J.D., Santa Clara University
B.A., Santa Clara University