Professor Laura Jacobus is a seasoned attorney and businesswoman who leverages a unique blend of legal acuity and strong business acumen. With both legal and strategic business operations leadership roles at global high-tech companies, including Cisco Systems and Juniper Networks, Professor Jacobus approaches compliance and ethics with a broad view and an emphasis on cross-functional ownership, metrics and implementation.
Some highlights of her almost 30 years of combined legal and business experience include the following:
- Provided business support and strategic direction on a wide array of business matters and initiatives. Worked with business leaders to develop strategic solutions to further corporate goals and objectives.
- Designed and led an ethics and compliance program resulting in company being repeat honoree of World’s Most Ethical Companies designation by Ethisphere Institute.
- Designed and led a Legal Operations team responsible for contracts administration, ERP and other cross-functional projects.
- Led a large global team of attorneys, business people, contract administrators, and external counsel in drafting and negotiating large, complex, client-facing commercial and government contracts.
- Developed multiple playbooks for commercial and government negotiations; trained executives and negotiation teams.
- Developed an integrated internal education strategy designed to inform large, diverse, and geographically dispersed employee populations.
- Created federal compliance policies and processes designed to ensure compliance with laws and regulations pertaining to entering into government contracts.
- Developed a consolidated marketing communications strategy for global sales force.
- Developed/taught courses in a variety of business and legal topics at the college, graduate and professional level, in both live and online environments.
- Partnered with senior executives on development and implementation of a communication strategy and execution plan to drive audience understanding of the company’s vision, business strategy, priorities, and desired business outcomes.
- Worked with Multilateral Development Banks on strategy to incorporate technology into infrastructure rollout programs in developing nations.
Currently, Professor Jacobus consults to high-tech corporate clients and teaches law, graduate, and undergraduate business courses at multiple higher education institutions, while mentoring current and former students.
J.D. from Santa Clara University School of Law. She is licensed to practice law in California.
B.A. in English from Santa Clara University