Financial Aid for MLS Students
Santa Clara University School of Law is committed to helping you afford your legal education. Our financial aid counselors will help you explore all your options and help you find a plan you can afford.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition for the 2018-19 academic year (July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019) is $1,110 per unit. Tuition for the 2019-2020 academic year has not been determined yet.
Deadlines and Financial Aid
If you will be relying on federal student loans to help pay for your tuition, you must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Santa Clara University’s federal school code is 001326. You will not receive an official aid notification until Santa Clara University is listed as one of the schools on your FAFSA.
NOTE: Please do not send a paper copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR).
Please email at email@example.com or call (408) 554-5048 for more information about financial aid processing.
Financial Aid Checklist
Complete a FAFSA application at www.fafsa.gov. Federal School Code: 001326.
- Accept or decline your unsubsidized Federal Direct Loan via ecampus. This must be completed at least 10 days prior to the first day of class.
- Complete your Master Promissory Note (MPN) for your Federal Direct Loan at studentloans.gov at least 10 days prior to the first day of class.
- Apply for a Direct PLUS Loan application at studentloans.gov.
- Complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) for your Direct PLUS Loan at studentloans.gov at least 10 days prior to the first day of class.
- Complete loan entrance counseling studentloans.gov at least 10 days prior to the first day of class.
- Enroll in SCU Direct Deposit Refunds via ecampus. Have your checkbook available.
We know the financial aid process can be daunting, and we want to help you. Every application to study at Santa Clara Law will be carefully reviewed and considered for financial aid. Santa Clara Law Financial Aid counselors are here to help you make your education affordable. You can find more financial aid and tuition information here.
Payment Plans, Refund Policies and Direct Deposit
For information about payment plans, refund policies and payment deadlines, please refer to the information for Graduate Students (not Law students) at scu.edu/bursar/.
Santa Clara Law
Law Admissions and Financial Aid Office
500 El Camino Real
Santa Clara, CA 95053
Telephone: (408) 554-5048