*** Check out Symplicity for Internship postings as well. ***
- National Coalition for Lesbian Rights: One of the leading organizations in the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender movement, based in San Francisco.
- American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU): Extensive site that has information on the organization as well as on many areas of law and current cases
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP): Information about NAACP programs and services including the legal department
- AIDS Legal Services: Specializes in AIDS/HIV related law in San Jose.
- National Consumer Law Center Homepage: NCLC is America’s foremost advocate for low-income justice
- Northern California Innocence Project: Santa Clara based organization that works within an educational framework to exonerate indigent California prisoners who have been wrongly convicted.
- Southern Center for Human Rights: Nonprofit organization that represented individuals charged with capital crimes in Georgia and Alabama.
- Disability Rights Education and Defense Fund Inc.: Includes job listings and case updates
- Protection & Advocacy, Inc.
- Earthjustice Legal Defense Fund: Current news and information about the organization
- Sierra Club: Environmental Law Internship. Provides grassroots environmental litigation serving three overarching conservation initiatives: promoting smart energy solutions, building safe and healthy communities, and protecting America’s wild legacy.
- Bazelon Center for Mental Health Law: Legal and policy resources on the civil rights of people with mental disabilities, including health care, education, housing, federal benefits, insurance and employment
- National Health Law Program: 35 years of working for justice in health care for low-income people
- Mental Health Advocacy Project: A legal assistance organization in Santa Clara County that provides specialized services for people identified as having mental health or developmental disabilities. MHAP works to expand the rights and to promote the social dignity of its clients.
International Human Rights
- Amnesty International: Campaign for internationally recognized human rights
- California Rural Legal Assistance
- Employment Law Center – Worker’s Rights Clinic (Legal Aid Society)
- National Housing Law Project: Serves to advance housing justice for the poor
- Fair Housing Law Project: Enofrces the fair housing laws to make housing accessible to everyone
- San Francisco Tenants Union: Information about the organization, links to other resources and volunteer opportunities
- Alliance for Justice: National association of environmental, civil rights, mental health, women’s,children’s, and consumer advocacy organizations. Site has information on the organization’s projects as well as internship,fellowship and job announcements.
Justice Now: Nonprofit organization that provides legal services to women in California Prisons.
- California Appellate Project
- Center for Public Policy Priorities: Non-partisan, nonprofit policy research organization committed to improving public policies and private practices that influence the economic and social prospects and conditions of individuals, families, and communities
- National Center for Youth Law: Addresses the legal problems of children in poverty, including abuse, neglect, health care, public benefits, housing and child support
- Legal Advocates for Children & Youth: LACY provides children with a voice and works to advance the legal rights of minors.
- Child Care Law Center
- US Department of Justice: Entry-level attorney, summer law clerk and other job openings at the DOJ in areas including Anti-Trusts, Civil Rights, and more.
- Santa Clara District Attorney’s Office: Works to achieve the lowest crime rate and make the community safe
- Santa Clara Public Defender: Provides legal representation to indigent clients who are charged with the commission of a criminal offense
- Santa Clara County Counsel: Provides transactional and litigation legal services for all departments within the County of Santa Clara.