What is OCI?
The Virtual On Campus Interview (VOCI) program is an efficient process for some legal employers to interview our students on campus for summer and entry-level associate positions. This year OCIs will take place virtually, in January 2021. We will continue to assist employers with Ad Hoc OCI. For more information please email us at email@example.com.
We have two different programs.
Interview Dates: Jan 13-15, 2021
Employment: Primarily for summer positions for 2Ls/part-timers and a few for entry level associate positions for graduating students.
Types of Employers: Large firms who can predict hiring needs, but also some government agencies, local small firms, companies and nonprofits.
Size of program: Our largest number of employers – often 50+
Ad Hoc OCI
Interview Dates: Any time during Fall or Spring semester.
Employment: Any current class year depending on the employer’s needs.
Types of Employers: Any type – depends entirely on employer needs.
Size of program: A small number of employers each semester – often under 10
What is a Resume Collect?
- Some legal employers are unavailable to recruit on campus but still want to receive resumes from students interested in their opportunities at a specific time; this is called a resume collect.
- Instead of the employer conducting interviews on campus, the employers will call the candidates they wish to interview to their office.
- Apply for resume collect opportunities in the same place you apply for OCI.
How to Apply
- Virtual OCI (VOCI) – We are using a new system this year. Please log into CORE to apply. Contact Jill Klees at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Tips for VOCI Success – Employer panel recording
- Ad Hoc OCIs look like regular job postings in CORE but the description will indicate that the interview will be on campus on a certain date.
- TIP: If you are even remotely interested, apply because employers may decide to cancel the VOCI if not enough students apply. (Please Note: Virtual OCIs will occur Jan 13-15, 2021).
January 2021 Virtual OCIs (On-Campus Interviews):
|9/25/20||Deadline for early signing of MOU to participate in VOCI gives you priority access to Virtual Speed Networking Events where some VOCI Employers will be in attendance. (October 14, 21, & 28)|
|10/14/20||Virtual Speed Networking Event – Law Firms.|
|10/21/20||Virtual Speed Networking Event – High Tech/In-House.|
|10/28/20||Virtual Speed Networking Event – Public Interest/Public Sector.|
|10/30/20||FINAL deadline to sign MOU to participate in VOCI.|
|11/18/20||Employers register by November 18, 2020.|
|11/23/20||Application Period Opens|
|12/15/20||Deadline #1 – Turn in VOCI application materials for review by OCM coach.|
|12/17/20||Deadline #2 – Turn in VOCI application materials for review by OCM coach.|
|12/18/20||If submitted VOCI application materials for review by Deadline #1 – OCM return of reviewed materials.|
|12/22/20||If submitted VOCI applications materials for review by Deadline #2 – OCM return of reviewed materials.|
|12/23/20||By this date, you should have the majority if not all of your VOCI application materials completed and reviewed. This includes updating your resume, researching employers, tailored cover letters, and meeting with OCM for resume and cover letter critique where applicable.|
|1/4/21||Fall 2020 grades anticipated by this date.|
|1/6/21||Application Period Ends at 5:00 P.M. (PST)|
|1/7/21||Employers Receive Applications by January 7, 2021.|
|1/4 – 1/8/21||Mock Interview Program.|
|1/10/21||Employers Select Applicants to Interview by January 10, 2021.|
|1/11/21||Selected students schedule their interview/s.|
|1/12/21||Employers Receive Interview Schedule on January 12, 2021.|
|1/13-1/15/21||Virtual OCIs (On-Campus Interviews).|
If you have any questions, please contact Jill Klees, Director of Career Development, at email@example.com.