Nationally Recognized Excellence in the Heart of Silicon Valley.
When you become a student at Santa Clara Law you join a thriving community of faculty, attorneys, judges, and professionals who are leaders in high tech and intellectual property law, international law, and many other areas of specialization.
Our Students – 2018 JD Class Profile
Santa Clara Law is one of the most diverse law schools in the nation, and Silicon Valley is one of the most culturally diverse regions in the country. Our students come from 17 states and several foreign countries with a variety of academic backgrounds.
This makes for a vibrant community in which to live, learn, and work.
Our Law Programs
At Santa Clara Law, you will get the training and knowledge you need no matter what area of law you decide to pursue. Our centers, clinics and externships offer students varied opportunities to develop professional lawyering skills, collaborate with faculty who share their interests, and help those in need.
Choose to attend full-time or part-time. Full-time students typically complete the program in three years. Part-time students usually complete the program in four years, and take most, if not all of their courses in the evening. Our course offerings provide our students with scheduling options and flexibility.
Designed for the business professional who needs some knowledge of regulatory law without the necessity of becoming a lawyer, the Online Master of Legal Studies (MLS) in Corporate Compliance blends theory with practice inside an immersive digital classroom. Learn more about the MLS in Corporate Compliance program. Read more.
JD/MBA and JD/MSIS Combined Degrees
Our combined degree programs save you time and money by enabling you to earn both degrees in full-time programs lasting three and one-half to four years.
Open House, November 3, 2018
Admissions staff will be on hand to answer any questions.
Tuition and Financial Aid
68% of 2016 students received scholarships.
We understand attending law school is a serious commitment of time and resources. To help offset this cost, we offer generous financial aid packages to as many students as possible. Over 65% of our incoming class of 2014 received scholarships.
Santa Clara Law is committed to helping you afford your legal education. Our financial aid counselors will help you explore all of your options, including scholarships, work-study, and student loans.
Why Santa Clara Law?
Your decision to attend law school matters. When you earn your law degree at Santa Clara Law, you will be immersed in one of the most vibrant business centers in the world: Silicon Valley and the San Francisco Bay Area. Here are a few reasons why Santa Clara Law is a smart choice.
- Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, home to some of the world’s leading companies like Apple, Google, Facebook, eBay, Oracle, Yahoo!, Cisco, Intel, and HP
- Top-ranked Intellectual Property Law Program
- International Law Program with extensive study abroad and externship opportunities
- Internships at many leading national and international companies and firms
- Extensive programming and counseling provided by the Office of Academic and Bar Success to help students succeed in their coursework and the bar exam.
- Clinics including the Northern California Innocence Project, the Entrepreneurs’ Law Clinic, the International Human Rights Clinic, and the Katharine and George Alexander Community Law Center
- Beautiful campus in a beautiful region
- Over 100 years of history at California’s oldest higher-education institution
Your Application Process
Here’s how our easy application process works.
- Take the LSAT no later than February of the year you plan to enroll.
- Register with LSAC’s JD Credential Assembly Service (JD-CAS) and have your transcripts sent directly to LSAC.
- Fill out our online application through LSAC. (Note: the $75 application fee is waived this year.)
- Prepare and upload your personal statement.
- Submit letters of recommendation and upload resume. (Optional but strongly recommended).
When you apply, you are taking the first step to a successful career practicing law. Ready to begin?
Qualifications for Admission to the Bar
In addition to a bar examination, there are character, fitness, and other qualifications for admission to the bar in every U.S. jurisdiction. Applicants are encouraged to determine the requirements for any jurisdiction in which they intend to seek admission by contacting the jurisdiction. Addresses for all relevant agencies are available through the National Conference of Bar Examiners.
Join our community of lawyers who lead and prepare for your law career at Santa Clara Law. The $75 application fee is waived this year. The application deadline for Fall 2018 is March 1.
Still Have Questions?
Please don’t hesitate to contact the Law Admissions Office. Our goal is to simplify the application process for you. We are happy to meet with you in person or to answer any questions you may have over the phone or via e-mail. Contact us at 408.554.5048 or fill out the form below.