Description of Organization:
The mission of the Tax & Estate Planning Society (“TEPS”) is to promote and encourage the study of taxation and estate planning law. In addition, TEPS is focused on developing strong relationships within the academic, business and legal tax and estate planning community. TEPS serves as a forum for law students, faculty, legal scholars, tax and estate planning practitioners, and leaders in taxation, tax policy, and estate planning to engage in an interdisciplinary discussion on developing issues in tax and estate planning law.
Tax touches every aspect of the legal world, from corporate formation and mergers to criminal fraud to personal inheritance decisions and investment decisions. Estate planning, although also encompassing other areas of the law, is a natural extension of a Society focused on taxation.
The Society organizes many events throughout the year. At these events, the members of TEPS have the opportunity to network with the business and legal communities, while learning about particular issues and areas in taxation and estate planning.
From Left to Right: Morgan, Nicola, Paul, Hannah, Leah and Megan.
Officers (name, position, and e-mail address)
2013-2014 Executive Board
- Co-President – Paul LaMartina [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Co-President – Hannah Shakin [email@example.com]
- Tax Vice President – Morgan Anderson [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Estate Planning Vice President – Megan Gritsch [email@example.com]
- Treasurer – Leah Zarin [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Communications Chair – Nicola Liu [email@example.com]
Important Dates and Events/Calendar
- August– Fall General Body Meeting
- September – 1L Torts Exam Review Workshop
- September – The Effect of DOMA on Estate Planning
- September 26 & 27 – Jerry A. Kasner Estate Planning Symposium
- October – International Taxation for High Tech Multinationals Lunch Panel
- November – Careers at the Big 4 Lunch Panel
- All semester – IRS VITA Clinic
- January – Spring General Body Meeting
- January – IRS Career Fair Lunch Panel
- February – Estate Planning/Probate Litigation Panel
- March– Probate Court Tour
- Week of April 7th – 1L Property Exam Review Workshop
Photos from Past Events
Please browse our Picasa albums to check out photos from our past events!