Greetings and welcome back from Law Career Services!
Would you like a chance to work on your interview skills? Meet attorneys that can provide insightful and invaluable feedback? Prep for an upcoming interview you may get?
Sign-ups for the Spring Mock Interview Program on WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 23RD, are now open!
WHAT ARE MOCK INTERVIEWS?
Mock interviews are timed practice interview sessions, conducted by attorneys that have volunteered their time to come to campus and assist you with your interview preparation.
WHEN ARE MOCK INTERVIEWS?
The Mock Interview Program takes place on WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 23RD. INTERVIEW SLOTS RUN FROM 9:30AM UNTIL 4:30PM.
HOW LONG IS A MOCK INTERVIEW?
Mock interview sessions are 30 minute sessions. Approximately 20 minutes will be the interview, and 10 minutes for critique and feedback.
WHERE DO MOCK INTERVIEWS TAKE PLACE?
All mock interviews will be held at the Career Center at Benson Center on the SCU main campus.
HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR A MOCK INTERVIEW?
To sign up for a mock interview, follow the instructions below OR sign into your SCU Law Jobs account. Instructions for mock interview sign-ups are listed on your SCU Law Jobs homepage.
HOW DO I KNOW WHO TO SIGN UP WITH?
There is a bio packet contained in this email. Click the link at the bottom of this note that is entitled: 2013 Mock Interview Program. A list of the attorneys participating in the program is contained within the packet, along with brief bios (if available). Additional bio packets are located at LCS (second floor Bannan).
HOW MANY MOCKS CAN I SIGN UP FOR?
The limit is currently 2. Additional slots may open up later in the week.
DO I NEED TO SUBMIT ANY MATERIALS TO PARTICIPATE?
YES!! You will need to upload a current resume into your SCU Law Jobs account if you do not have one in the system already, BEFORE selecting your interview time. If you select your interview time before uploading a current resume, the system will select the default resume you already have tagged in your account, OR if you do not have one uploaded, the system will generate a blank page. If you select an interview time without having a resume uploaded into the system, contact Morgan Dain at email@example.com as soon as possible.
INSTRUCTIONS TO SIGN UP FOR A MOCK INTERVIEW:
1) LOG INTO YOUR SCU LAW JOBS ACCOUNT (If you do not have an SCU Law Jobs account, or do not know your password, contact LCS right away).
2) READ THE INSTRUCTIONS ON YOUR HOMEPAGE.
3) CLICK YOUR OCI TAB (Your OCI tab should be active in your account. If you do not have an OCI tab in your homepage menu bar, contact LCS right away).
4) IN YOUR OCI INTERFACE, scroll down to review the interview schedules.
5) CLICK ON THE DATE BUTTON (January 23rd) that is located to the far right of the schedule line item. You can select the review button to review information about the attorney, but you will have to exit the schedule and re-select the Jan. 23 button in order to select your interview time.
6) At the interview schedule page, SELECT AN AVAILABLE INTERVIEW TIME. Interviews are reserved on a first come, first served basis. The times you see in the scheduler page are the times still available. If no times are available, it means the schedule for that attorney has been filled.
7) GO BACK TO THE LINE ITEM PAGE and DOUBLE CHECK that your interview time appears next to the interview name you scheduled your mock interview with. Your resume will be auto-pulled from the system and included in the interview packet sent to the attorney. If you do NOT have a resume uploaded, please upload your most current version into your DOCUMENTS interface in SCU Law Jobs before scheduling an interview time. If you schedule an interview time without a resume uploaded, contact Morgan Dain IMMEDIATELY (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you have reserved a mock interview, you will be sent a reminder email on Tuesday, January 22 that will also include helpful prep tips.
Please contact Law Career Services with any questions.