Procedure on setting up and accessing SCUWireless Network
Click below to begin video.
Step 1: If the airport wireless card is able to detect the network: (On Campus)
1. Locate the wireless symbol icon with the gray lines on the upper right toolbar.
2. Select SCUWireless, which will launch a login and password window, enter SCUWireless for both. Close out the window and launch the Safari web browser.
3. Enter your Novell login and password.
Step 2: How to setup an airport wireless card from the airport icon: (On Campus)
1. Click on the wireless symbol icon from the drop down menu.
2. Click on other networks.
3. Enter SCUWireless as the Network Name. For the Wireless Security, click on the drop down arrow and select WEP 40/128-bit ASCII. For the Password, enter SCUWireless and then close out of the window.
4. On Campus, launch an internet browser (Safari). A "Welcome to Santa Clara University Wireless" window will display, enter your Novell Login and password, and then click logon user.
Step 3: How to setup your wireless from your System Preferences
1. Locate the Apple symbol on the upper left side
2. Select System Preferences.
3. Under Internet & Networks, select Network icon.
4. Click on AirPort.
5. From the Network window, look for Network name. Click on the down arrow and select Join Other Network.
6. Enter SCUWireless for the Network Name.
7. Click on the black down arrow and select WEP 40/128-bit ASCII. Enter SCUWireless and select Join.
8. On Campus, launch an internet browser (Safari) and a webpage will ask you to enter your Novell log and password
Congratulations! You have now successfully installed all the necessary settings and software for your computer.