Vinita Bali joined the faculty of Santa Clara University School of Law in August 2002 as the Director of the Academic Success Program. Prior to this appointment, she practiced law as a business litigator for three years, and then as a transactional attorney for the Silicon Valley Law Group for several years. Her main responsibilities as a transactional attorney were in the following areas: mergers and acquisitions, investor financing and corporate funding, business formation and corporate governance, securities compliance for privately held and public companies. She remains Of Counsel to Silicon Valley Law Group.
Prior to attending law school, Ms. Bali worked for six years at a non-profit representing severely disabled individuals in Federal and State administrative courts. Ms. Bali believes in the empowerment of individuals through education, and continues to work towards this goal through her work at the law school and as a member of the Board of Directors of various non-profit groups.
LL.M., Santa Clara University School of Law
J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law
Foreign Fellowship, Mount Holyoke College, Massachusetts
B.S., St. Francis’ College, India
Affiliations and Honors
- Member, the Board of Santa Clara University School of Law Alumni Association
- Member, Board of Director of the non-profit group HOPE Services
- Member, Board of Directors of Santa Clara County Women Lawyer’s Committee
- Member, Board of Directors of non-profit Attorneys Helping Education and Development
- Legal Studies Steering Committee Advisory Board, East Side Union High School District