What we can do for you:
If it has been a while since you have been to law school, you may not have given much thought to how Law Career Services can assist you. We hope that you will consider utilizing LCS services whether you are looking to begin your career, enhance your professional development, or build a recruiting pipeline.
Services for Job Seekers
Whether you have been job searching for a while or have newly embarked on a career transition, our team of experienced professionals can assist you with your job search needs. Our services include:
- Resume and cover letter review;
- Interview preparation;
- Job postings on SCU Law Jobs (SCU Law Jobs);
- Career counseling (Make an appointment);
- Electronic Resources with information such as lists of job boards organized by interest area, professional associations, legal temp agencies in the bay area, and more.
If you do not have a Symplicity (SCU Law Jobs) account, please contact our office and we will set one up for you (firstname.lastname@example.org or (408) 554-4350).
Services To Enhance Your Professional Development
Once you have begun working, LCS can be a resource to help you enhance your professional development. LCS produces programs to assist attorneys establish their own practice or develop skills to promote themselves. Additionally, we realize that developing and maintaining your network is key to your own professional and business development. Opportunities for continued professional development include:
- An annual full day program regarding opening a solo practice or small law firm;
- CLE programs for the licensed professional on subjects designed to enhance your law practice management;
- Networking with other alumni electronically and in person through the LCS LinkedIn group and/or by participating in LCS events such as Speed Networking, the High Tech Career Fair and the Diversity Gala
- There are many Santa Clara Law Alumni networking events and professional development programs throughout the year. Visit the Santa Clara Law Alumni page for more information.
Additionally, all Law Career Services staff members are certified in the Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator and can assist graduates seeking feedback regarding how their preferences influence the manner in which they work.
Take Our Graduate Employment Survey
Help Law Career Services track who is hiring our graduates. Click the following link for instructions regarding how to update your employment information with Law Career Services: Employment Survey.
Online Community & Directory
The online directory can be searched to find alumni who are willing to provide career advice and network. The search can be based on company name, occupation, title, location, etc. Alumni can update their own profile (and hide any information they do not want listed). For more information: Online Community & Directory.
Partner with LCS:
LCS is an excellent resource for both our students and graduates.
Build Your Recruiting Pipeline and Develop the Next Generation of Santa Clara Law Alumni
After you have established your practice and succeeded in your career, we hope you will give back to the next generation of Santa Clara Law alumni by using Law Career Services as a recruiting resource. To help you meet outstanding law students and graduates, we offer the following formal recruiting services:
We also realize that a significant amount of recruiting happens informally. Therefore, we offer numerous methods to connect with Santa Clara Law students. LCS utilizes about 300 to 400 volunteers annually for programs such as:
- Mock interviewing in both the fall and spring semester;
- The High Tech Career Fair and Diversity Gala in the spring semester;
- Mentor programs;
- Law Alumni Dinner program;
- Shadow programs in the fall and spring semester;
- Lunch time career programs; and
- Small networking receptions in your own office.
Be a Resource to our Students and Graduates
Please contact our office to find out how you can become a volunteer!
Contact us to:
- Write a blog post for the LCS Blog;
- Mentor a student or graduate;
- Host a student through the Law Alumni Dinner Program;
- Have a student or graduate shadow you;
- Speak at a program offered through the Alumni Workshop Series;
- And more!
Whether you are trying to begin your career, advance your career, or contribute to a student’s career, the professionals in the Law Career Services office are here to help you. We look forward to working with you.