Special Guest Speaker
Professor Theo Bodewig: “Unitary Patent of the EU”
For several decades, the member states of the European Union (EU) have been negotiating the creation of a European patent with unitary effect and a unified European patent court. Professor Bodewig will discuss this new unitary patent and its implications during this session.
Theo Bodewig is a Professor of Law at Humboldt University of Berlin Law School. He served as a Judge in the Court of Appeals in Munich for nearly ten years. He is published in the areas of Industrial Property Law and Copyright Law, Antitrust Law, the Law of the European Union and Comparative US-Law.
Tuesday, October 1
12 – 1 p.m.
Bannan Hall 135
Co-hosted by: High Tech Law Institute, Center for Global Law & Policy, Student Intellectual Property Law Association
The Fourth Annual
“HOT TOPICS IN INTERNET, CLOUD, MOBILE AND BLOG LAW”
8:30am Registration/Continental Breakfast
Professor Eric Goldman, Director, High Tech Law Institute, Santa Clara Law
Ian C. Ballon, Internet and IP litigator, Greenberg Traurig LLP and Author E-Commerce and Internet Law: Treatise with Forms 2d edition (Thomson West, 4 volumes, www.ianballon.net)
Join us for a discussion of recent developments and hot topics, including:
- Are we at the end of sponsored link cases?
- State of the DMCA: syndication, common law copyrights and other issues from recent cases.
- Can Section 230 survive revenge porn, mugshot sites and online prostitution ads?
- What are key takeaways about kids’ privacy under the new COPPA regulations?
- Do the CDA and DMCA apply to mobile devices and the cloud?
- What are the hot trends in security and privacy litigation?
Registration and continental breakfast is complimentary. To RSVP, please email GTSVEvents@gtlaw.com.
This event will qualify for 1.5 hours of CLE. Santa Clara Law is a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider.