Spring 2013 Schedule Updates and Notes
January 07, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Spring 2013 Updates and Notes:
1. LEADERSHIP FOR LAWYERS
Are you looking for a Great 2-Unit Course on a Monday Night @ 5:40p.m.?
This course will help you to build skills that will be valuable in the Legal Marketplace as well as your Career!
LEADERSHIP OF SELF
Career and Leadership Development
Self Assessment Tools
Learn how to work in Teams, Network for Opportunities, Collaborate and Communicate well!
LEADERSHIP OF OTHERS
Understand how to better persuade and motivate.
Learn when to use advocacy and creative problem solving.
LEADERSHIP IN SOCIETY
Develop skills that will help you lead change in your community.
"Professor Bob Cullen is a leader in industry as well as in the community. Having served as both Managing Partner of a major law firm and General Counsel to a large multinational corporation, he brings a wealth of professional experience and knowledge. Beyond his professional focus, Professor Cullen has taught courses in leadership and negotiations at Santa Clara University for over a decade. He is also a nationally renowned author in the area of leadership, and has spoken at law schools throughout the country on the topic of leadership for lawyers. Professor Cullen's Leadership class provides both academic and practical-skill training in areas related to professional leadership, negotiations, social entrepreneurship, resume-building and networking. Outside of the classroom, Bob has personally served as a mentor to past students and provided opportunities for experience and advancement through internships and leadership projects." Sunjiv Tandon
Satisfaction Guaranteed Or your money back! Not really, I will just buy Pizza. --Bob Cullen
2. ADVANCED LEGAL WRITING WRITING
Section 6 might be cancelled if more students don’t enroll. Given how many of you end up stuck on wait lists for these classes, it seems like more of you should be taking advantage of this opportunity!
You can register now on Ecampus – here is the info:
Advanced Legal Writing: Writing 6
Thursday 5:40PM 7:20PM
3. ADVANCED MEDIATION
Class format has changed! Class meets one weekend only! Now open to students who have had or are currently enrolled in Mediation. Class meets: Friday, February 15 from 6 – 9 pm and Saturday, February 16 from 8 am – 5 pm in Bannan 333. You can enroll now on E-Campus –
Advanced Mediation : Small Claims Mediation
4. WILLS AND TRUSTS NOT MEETING IN BANNAN!
Just another reminder, Wills and Trusts meets in the Daly Science building, not Bannan. Daly Science is the building behind the De Saisset Museum. Class will meet in room 206.
5. DUE DATES REPRINTED FROM OCT 10 EMAIL RE: HOW TO REGISTER FOR SPRING:
3. TO DO DECEMBER 21ST:
• To avoid a $75 late payment fee, your payment must be received by the Bursar’s Office on or before this date. After this date, a hold will be placed on your records which will prevent the release of transcripts and diplomas, prevent registration and access to the registration system and various other university services. You will not be able to register for classes from the wait list and will lose your seat to the next person on the wait list!!! Check out the Bursar's web page for information on payment.
4. TO DO 11/16 – 01/17
• If you are on a wait list, check the list daily beginning November 16th. Check your SCU email for an email from me throughout the summer. Wait lists are posted in Bannan, outside the Law Student Services office and on the Student Services ClaraNet page. Those students listed as eligible to enroll will need to add the class by the deadline listed on the wait list. Students who do not add by the deadline will be dropped from the list and the next group of students will become eligible. To register from the wait list students must add the class on e-campus by 11:59 p.m. of the date indicated. NOTE: I will start working on clearing wait lists a couple of weeks after registration is over. I will send you emails when you are eligible over the holiday recess. I won't delete anyone from the wait list until the official start of the wait list period on January 7th.
5. TO DO JANUARY 14TH
• School starts. Go to class. SATURDAY CLASSES START ON JANUARY 12TH – You only have to come to school on Saturday if you are registered for a Saturday class.
• Read the schedule notes for the classes you registered for! Many of the classes now require that students must attend the first day of class to remain enrolled! Many have mandatory attendance requirements! Many have reading assignments already posted!
• Registration from the wait list continues through Thursday. Follow the directions above. Add/Drops are allowed through Sunday at 11:59 p.m. through E-Campus. If you need assistance from staff to register, your deadline is Friday Jan 18th at 5:00 p.m.
6. TO DO JANUARY 18TH
• Any seats remaining in wait listed classes will be opened at 8:30 am. These seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis through E-Campus. The wait list no longer applies after Thursday, January 17th.
• Last day for 100% tuition refund. Drop any classes you are not planning to attend. Check your schedule to make sure you are only registered for classes you are attending. Add/Drops are allowed through Sunday at 11:59 p.m. through E-Campus. If you need assistance from staff to register, your deadline is Friday Jan 18th at 5:00 p.m.
• Run a degree audit and/or check your schedule one more time.
7. TO DO BY JANUARY 21st
• To avoid a $75 late payment fee, your payment must be received by the Bursar’s Office on or before this date. After this date, a hold will be placed on your records which will prevent the release of transcripts and diplomas, moral character verification, letter of good standing and more. Check out the Bursar's web page for information on payment.