The Borgen Project Seeks Law Student for Volunteer Position
July 11, 2012 at 12:05 PM
Position: Regional Director
Duration: Minimum of 6 months
Hours: 4-6 hours per week
Function: Advocate for the world’s poor.
• Attend one (30-60 minute) conference call every week with the President of The Borgen
Project and Regional Directors from across the United States (5PM PDT, 6PM MDT,
7PM CDT, 8PM EDT).
• Meet with local congressional leaders and lobby for legislation that improves living
conditions for those living on less than $1 per day.
• Mobilize people in your community to contact their congressional leaders.
• Assist with fundraising efforts.
• Build a network of people engaged in the cause.
• Develop and implement strategies for furthering the cause.
DETAILS: Regional Directors operate independently from home and maintain contact with
The Borgen Project's Seattle office. Regional Directors sign a 6-month contract. The position
is volunteer based and is roughly 4-6 hours per week. Directors attend a conference call every
HOW TO APPLY: To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Borgen Project fights for the underdog. We're the innovative, national campaign that is
working to make poverty a focus of U.S. foreign policy.