Senior Corporate Counsel for IT Performance Company in San Francisco
June 27, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Senior Corporate Counsel
The world is changing. Join the Riverlution! At Riverbed, we bring the world closer together so every person and every company can find the fastest way to the possible. Imagine if you could run applications up to 100 times faster over your WAN, reduce network traffic by up to 95%, and collaborate anywhere as if you were in the same room- you can!
Riverbed is the IT performance company. WAN optimization solutions from Riverbed liberate businesses from common IT constraints by increasing application performance, enabling consolidation, and providing enterprise-wide network and application visibility – all while eliminating the need to increase bandwidth, storage or servers.
Riverbed has an exciting opportunity to join its global legal team. The Senior Corporate Counsel will be primarily responsible for providing legal support to Riverbed’s sales and channel teams in the Americas, negotiating and managing agreements with our largest channel partners, in particular our service provider, systems integrator, cloud, and global reseller partners. The role will be based in San Francisco.
• Day-to-day legal support for management level sales and channel personnel, providing business focused counseling and advice, as well as helping to drive to completion our strategic go to market initiatives.
• Draft, review and negotiate sales and licensing agreements with customers and channel partners, including systems integrator, service provider, reseller, distributor, OEM and alliance partner agreements, as well as nondisclosure, evaluation, and software license agreements.
• Assist in structuring new sales and channel go to market models
• Provide legal advice and counsel on a variety of legal topics, including competition, pricing, complex licensing, open source, and promotions.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Strong desire to provide business focused legal support in connection with technology sales and licensing
• A minimum of eight years of experience as in-house counsel at a technology company and/or law firm, focusing on licensing and technology transactions. May consider candidates with 4+ years experience for a Corporate Counsel role.
• Experience negotiating IT industry channel partner agreements and familiarity with channel sales models in the IT industry.
• Experience with negotiating IT transactions with Fortune 500 customers and global partners.
• Experience with revenue recognition issues in software licensing and product sales agreements is a plus.
• Strong leadership, negotiation and interpersonal skills needed to successfully complete complex IT transactions.
• Excellent judgment in solving complex problems with practical business solutions.
• Law degree from top-tier law school and admission to a state bar with good standing is required.
• Self-starter with the ability to meet or exceed deadlines, prioritize, multi-task, and maintain flexibility in fast-paced, changing environment.
For more information and to apply, visit www.riverbed.com/us/careers/search/ and enter Job ID 3793.