San Jose Office of Independent Police Auditor Seeks Analyst
July 05, 2012 at 12:16 PM
San Jose Office of Independent Police Auditor seeks Analyst!
The Analyst I/II generally provides analysis, implementation and evaluation of the citizen complaint process and administration; participates in community outreach, education, and public relations programs; responds to community questions and concerns; and prepares reports and other documents. Typical duties performed by the Analyst I/II include:
- Receives complaints directly from the public regarding allegations of misconduct related to law enforcement. Interviews complainants to document facts and/or assumptions giving rise to the complaint, to assess possible corroborating evidence and frames specific allegations based on regulations, policy and legal principles. Forwards complaints to the Internal Affairs Unit of Police Department for investigation.
- Audits closed investigation documents for accuracy, thoroughness and impartiality; evaluates the weight of the evidence and the quality of the investigative analysis; requests additional investigation/documentation and researches police practices as needed; writes documents presenting the basis for objections.
- Researches procedures of the Internal Affairs Unit, the Duty Manuals of the San Jose Police Department and the policies of the City of San Jose; keeps apprised of new issued policies and training bulletins.
- Responds to community questions and concerns, both online and in person.
- Participates in the preparation of IPA reports including analyzing data, drafting language, and editing text.
- Offers presentations and represents the IPA at community events.
See website for more information about the office at www.sanjoseca.gov/ipa/
SPECIFIC ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT
- J.D. Degree
- All applicants must go through the San Jose City process at www.sanjoseca.gov/cityjobs/
Please visit Symplicity Job Posting # 9326.