Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) Seeks Part-Time Law Clerk
July 12, 2012 at 1:29 PM
Law Clerk for CAIR (Santa Clara, CA)
The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) is currently offering clerkship opportunities for law clerks. All clerkships are unpaid. Clerkships last 10-12 weeks depending on the student’s academic calendar and include at least a 15-hour per week commitment.
The law clerk will work closely with CAIR’s Civil Rights Coordinator to resolve cases of discrimination reported to CAIR.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
• Interviewing complainants;
• Researching law and policy in several areas of law, including but not limited to, employment discrimination, public accommodation, national security, government misconduct, and immigration;
• Legal writing: drafting arguments, memos and complaints to police, opposing parties and federal agencies.
• Participating in representing complainants in dispute resolutions, EEOC mediations, filing complaints and possible law suits.
• Other office duties as assigned
• The ideal candidate is organized and able to demonstrate follow-through to complete all assigned tasks
• He/she possesses excellent legal written communication skills and a commitment to serving the community
• Must be a law student or recent law school graduate
Please to send your application materials to: email@example.com. No phone calls, please.