New Uniform Laws Approved
October 31, 2006 at 8:05 AM
- Emergency Volunteer Healthcare Practioners Act;
- Uniform Anatomical Gift Act;
- Uniform Prudent Management of Institutional Funds Act;
- Uniform Child Abduction Prevention Act;
- Uniform Power of Attorney Act;
- Revised Uniform Limited Liability Company Act;
- Uniform Representation of Children in Abuse, Neglect and Custody Proceedings Act; and
- Model Registered Agents Act.
The Conference - composed of over 300 law professors, judges, attorneys, and legislators from all 50 states and territories - meets annually to discuss proposed uniform laws that address issues where disparity among states’ law is a concern. Approved uniform laws are then ready for consideration by the individual states with an eye to the eventual adoption by state legislatures. A widely adopted example - a perennial favorite among law students - is the Uniform Commercial Code.
The text of these new acts, as well as previously approved acts, is available at the Conference website. In addition, the site provides a search engine that allows researchers to track the status of acts in the individual states, as well as to review archives of material related to the passage of previously approved acts.