Heafey Roofing Project Update
October 01, 2009 at 9:37 AM
Here is the latest information on what we hope is the final phase of the project:
Roofing Project Update (Work Scheduled for Friday 10/2):
A decision on when to open the Law Library will be made at 8:00 AM Friday (10/2). Staff will determine if the building is free of adhesive fumes before opening the building. The HVAC will be off before any adhesive is applied. The library will remain open as long as the air remains fume free. If we need to close the library signs will be posted.
Roof Work Plan for this coming Friday (10/2):
· Work on the project will commence at 6:00 AM and may extend to 10 hours to ensure that adhesive application is completed.
· A crane will arrive to lift the aggregate to the roof. The crane will be in place for a couple of hours.
· Building HVAC system will be shut down before the adhesive application begins.
· As adhesive is applied the roofing aggregate will go down.
· While the adhesive and aggregate are applied other crew members will be cleaning leaves and other roof debris off the clay tile using leaf blowers.
· Leaves and debris will be cleaned out of the gutters by crew members using ladders.
· The supporting down spouts will be flushed with water to ensure proper flow.
· Repairs will be made to broken roof tiles.
After the Friday work we can expect 2-3 more days on the roof wrapping up tasks to finish the project.
Our Facilities Department will schedule one or more early morning work orders to replace all the stained ceiling tile inside the library. This work will be scheduled and completed before the library opens in the morning.