Nationally Recognized Excellence in the Heart of Silicon Valley.
When you become a student at Santa Clara Law you join a thriving community of faculty, attorneys, judges, and professionals who are leaders in high tech and intellectual property law, international law, and many other areas of specialization.
Our Students – 2014 Class Profile
Santa Clara Law is one of the most diverse law schools in the nation, and Silicon Valley is one of the most culturally diverse regions in the country. Our students come from 16 states and several foreign countries with a variety of academic backgrounds.
This makes for a vibrant community in which to live, learn, and work.
Our Law Programs
At Santa Clara Law, you will get the training and knowledge you need no matter what area of law you decide to pursue. Our centers and clinics offer students varied opportunities to develop professional lawyering skills, collaborate with faculty who share their interests, and help those in need.
Choose to attend full-time or part-time. Full-time students typically complete the program in three years. Part-time students usually complete the program in four years, and take most, if not all of their courses in the evening. Our course offerings provide our students with scheduling options and flexibility.
JD/MBA and JD/MSIS Combined Degrees
Our combined degree programs save you time and money by enabling you to earn both degrees in full-time programs lasting three and one-half to four years.
If you already have your JD, you can explore our LLM Degrees, focusing on intellectual property, international and comparative law, and, for foreign attorneys, United States law.
Our doors are open – November 15, 2014
Experience Santa Clara Law firsthand as we take you through a day in the life of a Santa Clara Law student. Participate in a class, meet our outstanding faculty, and see our gorgeous campus in person.
We also offer free application workshops, question and answer sessions, and other events throughout the Bay Area. Come meet our admissions specialists and learn more about studying at Santa Clara Law at these events:
- October 16, 2014 – Application Workshop
- November 15, 2014 – Law School Open House
- February 21, 2015 – Diversity Law Day
You can view the Admissions Recruiting Event Schedule here to see when Santa Clara Law representatives are coming to your school.
Tuition and Financial Aid
65% of 2014 students received some form of financial aid.
We understand attending law school is a serious commitment of time and resources. To help offset this cost, we offer generous financial aid packages to as many students as possible. Over 65% of our incoming class of 2014 received scholarships.
Santa Clara Law is committed to helping you afford your legal education. Our financial aid counselors will help you explore all of your options, including scholarships, work-study, and student loans.
Why Santa Clara Law?
Your decision to attend law school matters. When you earn your law degree at Santa Clara Law, you will be immersed in one of the most vibrant business centers in the world: Silicon Valley and the San Francisco Bay Area. Here are a few reasons why Santa Clara Law is a smart choice.
- Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, home to some of the world’s leading companies like Apple, Google, Facebook, eBay, Oracle, Yahoo!, Cisco, Intel, and HP
- Top-ranked Intellectual Property Law Program
- International Law Program with extensive study abroad and externship opportunities
- Internships at many leading national and international companies and firms
- Clinics including the Northern California Innocence Project, the Entrepreneurs’ Law Clinic, the International Human Rights Clinic, the Low Income Tax Clinic, and the Katharine and George Alexander Community Law Center
- Beautiful campus in a beautiful region
- Over 100 years of history at California’s oldest higher-education institution
Your Application Process
Here’s how our easy application process works.
- Take the LSAT no later than February of the year you plan to enroll.
- Register with LSAC’s JD Credential Assembly Service (JD-CAS) and have your transcripts sent directly to LSAC.
- Fill out our online application through LSAC. (Note: $75 application fee waived through 11/1/2014.)
- Prepare and upload your personal statement.
- Submit letters of recommendation and upload resume. (Optional but strongly recommended).
When you apply, you are taking the first step to a successful career practicing law.
Ready to begin?