Location, Location, Location
You know the old saying: location matters.
And that’s true whether you are shopping for a house or doing something as important as looking for a law school. When you earn your law degree at Santa Clara Law, you will be immersed in one of the most vibrant business centers in the world: Silicon Valley and the San Francisco Bay Area. Here are a few reasons why our location matters.
- A Hotbed of High Tech Companies—Our neighbors include some of the world’s largest corporations, including Apple, eBay, Yahoo!, Google, Cisco, Intel, and HP.
- Top-ranked in IP—Our intellectual property program is ranked among the nation’s top 10, a reflection of our location, outstanding faculty, extensive industry ties, and powerful alumni network.
- High Tech Execs in the Classroom—Your law degree will be enriched by Silicon Valley executives and attorneys who share their up-to-the-minute experience in courses, workshops, and lectures.
- Amazing Internships—You will have internship opportunities at the many leading national and international companies and firms that are based here, including Yahoo!, eBay, Google, Wilson Sonsini, Pillsbury Winthrop, and others.
- Get a Great Job—Santa Clara Law alumni serve as general counsel at leading companies, such as eBay and Sun Microsystems. And they serve as partners of major firms, working in patents, IP, and venture capital. Click here for numerous profiles of our graduates.
- California’s Natural Beauty—The San Francisco Bay Area is one of the most beautiful (and most often visited) regions in the U.S., and our Mediterranean climate boasts bountiful sun more than 300 days a year. North of Santa Clara you will find the world-class cities of Berkeley, Oakland, and San Francisco. Southwest of Santa Clara are the Santa Cruz Mountains with redwood forests and small mountain towns, and over the ridge is the Pacific Ocean and the coastal town of Santa Cruz. Farther south is Monterey, Carmel, and the beginning of the Big Sur scenic coastal area.
We encourage you to come visit us and experience our outstanding location! Click here for information on visiting, including campus maps, directions, nearby hotels, and transportation tips.
About the Bay Area Metroactive, a leading
Bay Area entertainment guide Recent New York Times article about Silicon Valley